Gypsies Green Recreation Ground, South Shields, UK
What is it?
Refine your 'Cross skills with myself - Nikki Brammeier, guest coach Ed Collins and our friends at South Shields Velo CC. We all know 'cross requires more than just fitness, we need a complete skill set to help us excel when the going gets tough. These Skillz 'n Drillz, I think, are the backbones of every cross rider. I call them my 'toolset' and I've been working on them ever since I began cycling. To this day, as a Cyclo-Cross pro, I'm constantly adding and building my 'toolset'. My belief is this should apply to us all, and we want to help you create and build on your own 'toolsets' we will be giving you technical tips and trade secrets from the very top end of the sport, our mission is to give you the confidence to excel, progress and enjoy your cycling with challenging sessions packed with fun both on and off the bike.
Who is it for?
• Mudiiita Minis - The first session of the day will be for 8-14 year olds and focused towards entry-level cyclo-crossers. Providing an hour long session, full of fun and informative 'cross Skills 'n Drillz. The session will finish with a short Go-Ride Race. We will show the fun side of the sport, with interactive skills and light-hearted coach lead racing. Each session will be limited to 20 riders. Come and have a go and have some fun!
• Adults - Clinics 2 & 3 - 1.5-hour sessions (over 14's), focusing on providing progressive skills needed to race and help develop the skills to progress through the ranks. Each session will be limited to 30 riders - so don't wait too long if you don't want to miss out!
• Q&A - 18:00 at the Westoe Crown Village Community Hub - with Nikki & Matt Brammeier - This is open to anyone that wants to come along, all we ask if for a small donation upon arrival towards a charity close to the hearts of everyone at South Shields Velo CC "One punch". - Email RSVP's to firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we ask?
All we ask is that riders have a basic level of skill and fitness, a well-functioning bike and a willingness to learn and have fun! Cyclocross bikes are essential for adults sessions - MTB's are fine for kids sessions. Helmets, of course, must be worn.
Once the event booking goes live just follow the registration link below to book your place at your chosen clinic and we will be in touch prior to the event with full details, what you need to bring and all other important information. (We will use your PayPal email to contact you if you don't state otherwise)
Clinics > Gypsies Green Recreation Ground | South Shields NE33 3NQ
Q&A > Westoe Crown Village Community Hub, Sea Winnings Way, NE33 3PE - Westoe-hub.co.uk
- Cafe - www.guiltfreetakeaway.co.uk
- Bike wash
Registration closes 24th March
Kids £5.00 - Adults £35.00
• 10:00 - 11:15 - Kids Skillz 'n Drillz & GoRide Race (8-14yrs)
• 12:00 - 13:30 - Clinic 2 (Adults - 14yrs+)
• Lunch break
• 15:00 - 16:30 Clinic 3 (Adults - 14yrs+)
• 18:00 - 18:45 - Q&A With Nikki & Matt
Share your photos and see what others have posted using the hashtag #MudiiitaSkillz
With special thanks to South Shields Velo Cycling Club & Ed Collins of Peaks Coaching UK